It began with a trail in the woods. I walked the trail, exploring it, and chasing nothing but looking all the same. It became a labyrinth, and the trail became trails, and I walked them and groomed them until they were tame. Still, I found nothing and looked harder. I branched off into the woods, followed the white pine, and made a nest in the undergrowth. I caught a glimpse of that something I was not looking for, a Wild Child, who sensed me and ran deeper in. I'll branch off again, I suppose, and call her over. I'll build her a fort and knit her a doll. I'll make tea. Tea? To what end, this tea party with dolls in the wood? Wild Child perhaps ought not be tamed, cannot be tamed. Gregarious human nature with social rules and niceties, all to make safe the contact we require, has not been required yet these 47 years by Wild Child. Desired, maybe, not required, for she still runs barefoot in the woods and looks for nothing, having all she needs in wind, earth and rain.
What place have I in society?
What place has L.A.?
No comments:
Post a Comment